CSEA has made it clear that we have continuously been willing and open to sitting down with the County at any time to work toward a fair settlement.
The letter from President Zaffuto went on to offer Monroe County several options to move the negotiations along:
While CSEA stands by the communications we have had with our members, the County Legislature and the press, we remain willing to meet with the County anytime, anyplace in an attempt to get a fair agreement.
We are so ready to meet that we offer the County the following three alternative options to re-start negotiations; if any of these are acceptable to the County, we will agree to do so:
1. As stated above, the parties can meet with the fact finder immediately, even while your charge against CSEA is pending.
2. A preferable option is that you withdraw your charge against CSEA and let the fact finder decide the proper issues that need to be addressed. This way, we leave the issues in the hands of the fact-finder, without the uncertainty of litigation hanging over our heads.
3. Another option is to meet prior to going to the fact-finder to continue negotiations voluntarily to resolve our differences.Please check back to this blog often. We will update you as soon as we get a response from the County on our legitimate request to get these negotiations back on track.
Rest assured, your negotiation team and union leadership will use every tool available to protect your benefits and encourage the County to come to the bargaining table with reasonable proposals. These negotiations have gone on far too long. There is unfinished business in Monroe County and it is high time the Brooks Administration prioritize these negotiations and works towards a fair settlement.